Sunday, September 9, 2007

Short Biography


My name is Ion Mateescu and I will be your kids co-coach this season with Mark Berti.

I have been in this country for 17 years. I played soccer in high school and college for about 7 years in an organized division and ever since then in a less organized fashion. I love this game. In the country I am coming from soccer had more fanatics than any religion.

My coaching experience is limited to training for three months in the West Point Military Academy 6 and 7 years old division. I am not a military man, I was just living in that community three years ago when I volunteered.

I live on the UES. I have worked in the past in academia for Cornell University and Columbia University as a Research Associate until 2000, and on Wall Street as a trader for a hedge fund until the end of 2003. I am now working as a an Engineer for a medical equipment company in Westchester.

I have an 8 1/2 years old daughter who will be playing for the team. Her name is Daria.

My objective in training in the League this season is not to have a team of champions, although that would be nice. My objective is to develop a love for the game in our players, to develop their creativity, to help them increase their physical awareness and intuition, to make them trust their physical abilities.

No comments: